Final Thoughts on Lululemon Ambassadorship

After reflecting on the highlights of my ambassadorship with lululemon, I can say that the last two years have taught me so much more than I may be able to express. I have learned to think big, to know that I can reach audiences far and wide.  Our running community isn’t SO big and as I know from so many past experiences, the circles overlap frequently.  Run ambassadors will show up again and again, from Summit to Seawheeze to festival run assignments.  Runners who want to remain in the field will turn to coaching, show up again and again at the same big races, and everyone has a former coach or teammate that is now a well know accomplished runner.  I know them so maybe they know me.  Or at least the know the Boise Betties who are loud on the scene- from the neon pink singlets to the ridiculous name that reflects a team leadership who didn’t want to start another “track club” or “distance project”.  And if runners know the Betties then I could make an impact- either through coaching or blogging or reaching audience in some unique way that is all me.  


Even as I write this, I have ideas of how to reach audiences beyond my awesome team in Idaho but I haven’t stuck a move yet.  The fact that I even explore that train of thought is a huge expansion in my own world view, something I would easily and readily attribute to my experiences as an Ambassador and the opportunities lululemon made available to me.  The one thing I know, there is a population of big idea people who believe in me and would absolutely support and offer reasonable advice for ideas I bring to the table.  This is quite contrary to the Gretchen of 2013 who wasn’t even sure she should move forward with the idea of starting a running team because she didn’t have a good logo.  Worlds of growth in just a few short years!  How can I ever thank the lululemon community enough?  

Popular Posts