Take a Moment


Gratitude.  It's cool, it's hip, 'tis the season...

But what if we stop and really reflect on the Thanksgiving holiday?  What are you truly thankful for?  Are you still feeling the gratitude buzz from your turkey dinner?  Or has the Black Friday mania taken over and quickly washed away all of the good juju?

My heart is full.  I feel so much gratitude for my awesome children, my loving husband, parents who are alive and healthy and adventuring around the globe.  I am grateful for our beautiful home, the community of friends and acquaintances that make Boise the rad place to live, a job that I look forward to everyday.  Too often I take for granted my health- for bones that holds up to the miles I run and for a body free of disease or illness.  When I stop to think about just one of these things- things huge, important, all consuming items that make up life- I am overwhelmingly thankful.

Rather than saying a prayer at dinner, our family holds hands and takes a Moment*: a deep breath all together and a chance to look into one another's eyes.  It's a nice ritual at the end of the day, but this holiday season I am inspired to take in all of these moments and appreciate this holiday season with newfound presence.  Mindfulness.  If I can do it for a month, maybe it will become habit.  Let the stress just melt away, be here now, breath it all in.  If it sounds too good to be true, what do you have to loose in trying?  I challenge you to see the moments in your day.


*turns out the Moment passed down to us via Craig Anderson, the world class climber of K2 fame.  So that's cool.


Popular Posts