A Look Back At 2012

oh man, it's that time of year.  I just completed my Brooks sponsorship application for 2013, forcing me to look at 2012 as a whole.  What a tough pill to swallow.  I'm glad that I was able to take in small doses because it has been a doozy of a year.

When is the last time you took an entire year off of your most favorite thing?  Maybe you love chocolate and gave it up for Lent.  Or maybe you can't make it through the week without a glass of wine, but you gave it up for 9 months while pregnant.  But let me just tell you, those abnegations have end dates and you know that come Easter or birth you can indulge again to your hearts content.  The patience to give up running for an entire year was been brutal.

However, there is a bit of light on the horizon now.  Despite being pregnant, I ralked (ran/walked) those four NY Road Runner races and felt amazing.  I even run the flats sometimes when I am out for a hike and also feel no pain in my foot.  It's basically amazing.  Every "run" I gain confidence that I will heal and make a full comeback are returning, while the pregnancy is giving me the patience take it slow and focus on April rather than today.  Mark my words, next summer will be great and Fall 2013 is going to be a season of PRs!

Comments

Popular Posts