Tidbits

The thoughts that fill my head when I am asked how things are going:


...Somedays, my foot just aches.  It hurts to the touch, it aches when I walk, I feel a rainstorm coming.  But other days it feel like a cheerleader ready to jump up on my toes and throw arms and legs in the air.  So it brings us back to the same old question: is the bone healing and how much discomfort is too much?  After all, the greatest fear is that of the unknown....


...I'm a good student and have found my P3 (PT, Pilates and Phil's Core Work) exercises are actually doing something.  It's very gratifying to go in each week and realize that I am making progress, getting stronger and more stable.  Maybe there is something to this whole core stability thing ;)  ....

...My coach lives in a little community that has an outdoor pool that I do my workouts in.  It's so nice!  7 am, already warming up for the day and I get to dip in an outdoor pool with views of the hills while I work my butt off.  It's a little Agrestic, a little Pleasantville, even a little Sudden Valley, but the neighborhood is growing on me.  I see the appeal of the area for  families, even if it is pretty far out.  I could almost imagine myself as a suburban mom.  Almost...

...Drills in the deep end without a belt are pretty funny....

...Even funnier is a runner trying to do hand-eye coordination work while balancing on one foot.  It works the core and all of the little muscles, but it seems like a liability just asking a runner to do one- let alone all- of those tasks at the same time...

Comments

Popular Posts